Background. At the present time the field of historical elite studying is of certain topicality. Within this field the formation of the political elite during the revolutionary crisis is of interest. The aim of the work is to examine the process of forming important is the study of the conditions of entry into the Soviet elite and retention of the achieved status.
Materials and methods. The research objectives were implemented through the use of documents retrieved from the collection of the State Archive of Nizhny Novgorod region, the State socio-political archive of Nizhny Novgorod region. The methodological potential included the historical system synthesis and personalistic methods. This combination has allowed to reveal the impact of particular persons in power, socio-political structures, to highlight the most important conditions for achieving and maintaining a political status by the revolutionary leaders of 1917.
Results. The author investigated the process of formation of the political elite from Soviets of workers’, soldiers’ and other deputies at the initial stage of the February revolution. The article considers the interrelation of the formation of “institutions of arbitrary democracy” with the nomination of the most active personalities in their structure, which formed a part of the new political elite.
Conclusions. The study of the formation of the new political elite allows to allocate not only stages and mechanisms of cadre selection, but also an extensive system of social elevators. Weakness and low-popularity of the new political leaders who had abandoned the left wing of the revolutionary democracy demanded creation of
their own corporate platform in the form of Soviets of Workers’, Soldiers’ and other deputies. These bodies became one of the main institutes allowing to move up the social ladder. The society took the most direct part in the process of formation of the new elite. Their positive interaction was one of the leading factors in achieving and maintaining the political leadership.
1. Sapon V. P. Nauchnyy dialog [Scientific dialogue]. 2012, no. 9, pp. 64–74.
2. Tsentral'nyy arkhiv Nizhegorodskoy oblasti (dalee – TsANO) [The Central Archive of Nizhny Novgorod region (TsANO)]. F. 1100. Op. 1. D. 9.
3. Sobornov P. E. Struktura upravleniya i obshchestvenno-politicheskie organizatsii Nizhegorodskoy gubernii v marte-oktyabre 1917 goda: problemy formirovaniya i vzaimootnosheniy: dis. kand. ist. nauk: 07.00.02 [The structure of administration and sociopolitical organization of Nizhny Novgorod province in March-October 1917: problems of formation and interrelations: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of
historical sciences]. Nizhniy Novgorod, 2006, 272 p.
4. Oktyabr' v Nizhnem Novgorode i gubernii: sb. vospominaniy [The October in Nizhny Novgorod in the province: collected memories]. Eds. F. G. Evgrafov, V. P. Fadeev. Gor'kiy: Gor'kovskoe knizhnoe izdatel'stvo, 1957, 318 p.
5. Gosudarstvennyy obshchestvenno-politicheskiy arkhiv Nizhegorodskoy oblasti (dalee – GOPANO) [The State Sociopolitical Archive of Nizhny Novgorod region (GOPANO)]. F. 1866. Op. 1. D. 110.
6. Kurakov D. V. Gumanitarnye nauchnye issledovaniya [Humanitarian scientific research]. 2015, no. 7. Available at: http://human.snauka.ru/2015/07/11769 (accessed November 13, 2015).
7. GOPANO. F. 1866. Op. 1. D. 104.
8. TsANO. F. 1102. Op. 1. D. 106.
9. TsANO. F. 1100. Op. 1. D. 7.
10. Kurakov D. V. Narod i vlast': vzaimodeystvie v istorii i sovremennosti: sb. nauch. tr. [People and power: interaction in history and modern times: collected articles]. Issue 2. Nizhniy Novgorod, 2015, pp. 472–481.
11. Lipatova N. V. Vestnik Evrazii [Bulletin of Eurasia]. 2003, no. 3, pp. 98–120.
12. Sapon V. P. Opyt razvitiya mnogopartiynosti v Nizhegorodskoy gubernii v gody Pervoy mirovoy voyny (dofevral'skiy period) [Experience of developing a multi-party system in Nizhny Novgorod province during WWI]. Nizhniy Novgorod, 2014, 136 p.
13. GOPANO. F. 1866. Op. 2. D. 343.
14. GOPANO. F. 1866. Op. 2. D. 35.
15. Nizhegorodskaya guberniya v gody Pervoy mirovoy voyny: sb. dokumentov i materialov [Nizhny Novgorod province during WWI: collected documents and works]. Sci. ed. V. P. Sapon. Nizhniy Novgorod, 2014, 408 p.
16. Protasov L. G. Pro Nunc. Sovremennye politicheskie protsessy [Modern political processes]. 2004, no. 2, pp. 124–134.
17. Pobeda Oktyabr'skoy sotsialisticheskoy revolyutsii v Nizhegorodskoy gubernii: sb. dokumentov [The victory of the October socialistic revolution in Nizhny Novgorod province: collected documents]. Eds. A. I. Velikorechin, K. G. Seleznev. Gor'kiy: Gor'kovskoe knizhnoe izdatel'stvo, 1957, 601 p.
18. Sapon V. P. Chelovek i obshchestvo v usloviyakh voyn i revolyutsiy: sb. materialov Vseros. nauch. konf. (g. Samara, 11 dekabrya 2014 g.) [Person and society during wars and revolutions : proceedings of the All-Russian scientific conference (Samara, 11th December 2014)]. Issue 1. Samara: Samar. gos. tekhn. un-t, 2014, pp. 105–110.
19. Evrei v obshchestvenno-politicheskoy zhizni Nizhegorodskoy gubernii (1914–1920 gg.): dokumenty i materialy [Jews in the sociopolitical life of Nizhny Novgorod province (1914–1920): documents and materials]. Comp. by V. P. Sapon. Nizhniy Novgorod, 2012, 188 p.
20. GOPANO. F. 34. Op. 1. D. 7.
21. Izvestiya Nizhegorodskikh Sovetov [Proceedings of Nizhny Novgorod Soviets]. 1917, 19 March, no. 3.
22. Sapon V. P. Gosudarstvo, obshchestvo, tserkov' v istorii Rossii XX–XXI vekov: materialy XIV Mezhdunar. nauch. konf.: v 2 ch. [State, society, church in the history of Russia of XX–XXI centuries: proceedings of XIV International scientific conference: in 2 parts]. Ivanovo: Ivan. gos. un-t, 2015, part 2, pp. 521–526.
23. TsANO. F. 1102. Op. 1. D. 57.
24. Seleznev F. A. Vybory i vybor provintsii – partiya kadetov v Nizhegorodskom krae (1905–1917 gg.) [Elections and the choice of provinces – the cadet party in Nizhny Novgorod province (1905–1917)]. Nizhniy Novgorod: Izd-vo NNGU im. N. I. Lobachevskogo, 2001, 314 p.
25. GOPANO. F. 35. Op. 1. D. 4.
26. Nizhegorodskiy listok [Nizhny Novgorod bulletin]. 1917, 23 April, no. 100.
27. Izvestiya Nizhegorodskikh Sovetov [Proceedings of Nizhny Novgorod Soviets]. 1917, 14 April, no. 7.
28. Izvestiya Nizhegorodskikh Sovetov [Proceedings of Nizhny Novgorod Soviets]. 1917, 7 May, no. 12.
29. TsANO. F. 1102. Op. 1. D. 36.
30. TsANO. F. 1100. Op. 1. D. 1.
31. TsANO. F. 1100. Op. 1. D. 3.